Friday 23 December 2011

Blueberry and Vanilla Muffins

The moment has come for me to bear my burden and share with you the secret to these extremely moist, vanilla and almond muffins delightfully dotted with 'blueberry amethysts.' Yes that was a bit over the top, but the muffins deserve such an extraordinary introduction. The recipe is from a book called The Vegetarian Student Cook Book. I am afraid to admit that once I was a vegetarian student. I am relieved to announce that now I am neither.


Ingredients:

150g ground almonds                                             150g  caster sugar
50g self raising flour                                              175g butter, melted
4 egg whites                                                           1 teaspoon vanilla essence
150g blueberries

Method:

1. Preheat oven to 220 degrees centigrade.
2. In a large bowl mix  together the almonds, sugar, flour and butter.
3. Add the egg whites and vanilla essence and mix until you make a smooth paste.
4. Divide mixture among 10 paper  muffin cases and scatter with the blueberries.
5. Bake in the oven  for 15 minutes or until just firm in the centre.

No comments:

Post a Comment